Further information can be found on:
St Nicholas Church of England Primary School and Nursery is a one form entry primary school located near the centre of Stevenage.
The school boasts its own ancient woodlands and is set adjacent to Fairlands Valley Park. Forest school plays an important part in our curriculum and we are keen to further develop our outside learning environment.
We are a friendly, supportive and high achieving school, promoting traditional values alongside our church-inspired ethos of ‘Learning, Loving, Living in God’s Family”.
A new Headteacher will breathe new life into our school and see the ways we can continue to develop our staff and hone the outcomes for our young people, so that they leave us as confident learners who can go on and succeed in the next stage of their education.
St Nicholas is a vibrant, mixed community with 30% of children speaking English as a second language and hosting over 20 different languages. Whilst we are predominately a Christian school, we also welcome children from other faiths and none.
We are proud of our wonderfully diverse school and welcome families from all corners of the globe.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to develop our vision and to lead, nurture and inspire our children and staff to continually improve.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional, forward-thinking person who has the skills and ambition to take overall responsibility for the leadership, care, education and success of the school, and who believes in the importance of a values-led curriculum. The main priorities are to:
• Provide strategic vision and leadership to ensure a culture of excellence
• Ensure all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential
• Protect and safeguard all children and be responsible for the health and safety of everyone on the school premises
• Control costs with a ‘Best Value’ approach to maintain a healthy school budget
You will be supported by a good leadership team, enthusiastic and talented teachers and teaching assistants, and an efficient administration staff, alongside a committed and representative governing body.
Whilst applicants do not have to be practising Christians, they must have a clear understanding and vision of Christian education and have the ability to further develop the Christian life of the school in a community that is ethnically diverse.
We would welcome applications from experienced Headteachers who are able to drive the school forward with strong leadership.
We would also consider applications from senior leaders with a proven record of success, and who will build on the many strengths of the school and drive our vision.
The whole school community is looking forward to welcoming a Headteacher with experience across the primary age-range, who will:
- Be a strong leader, with the ability to motivate, empower and support staff
- Be able to take a strategic approach and to maintain a shared focus across the whole school
- Be open to ideas yet able to make tough decisions as needed
- Be proactive and have a visible, approachable presence in all areas of the school
- Have a passion for raising standards and enabling pupils to experience a positive and enriching school life
- Have a strategic approach for improvement
- Develop an effective and collaborative working relationship with Governors and the wider school community
- Maintain and develop the school’s focus on high staff professionalism, wellbeing and continuing professional development
We can offer:
- an inclusive school with well-motivated and well-behaved pupils who have a love of learning and a respect for their peers and adults alike
- a caring and positive environment inspired by the Christian ethos
- a well-established school with high ambitions for pupils and staff
- a highly supportive and committed Governing Body
- an experienced Senior Leadership Team focused on continual school improvement
- a welcoming, friendly and hard-working staff team who are dedicated to making a difference to the children in their care
- a supportive parent body and PTA, the Friends of St Nicholas School
- strong links to our local church, neighbouring schools and wider community
- a commitment to your own continuing professional development
We would be delighted to show you around our lovely school and to answer any questions that you may have. Please contact Sue Brinded, Office Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role before applying, please contact our Chair of Governors, Andrea Thompson, on email@example.com
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS), and other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2021).
We are proud of the diversity in our school and working hard on our diversity and inclusion agenda. To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and to join us.
St Nicholas School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and references will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Chair of Governor Vacancy at St Nicholas School, Stevenage
Please note this is a voluntary role and only financially rewarded with tea and cake!
Our wonderful Chair of Governors is stepping down at the end of this school year so we are looking for a replacement to start to shadow her before she goes.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has already had experience of being a governor at a school or other institution and understands the need for strategic leadership and who is now ready and willing to take on the responsibility of leading our Governing Body.
We would love to hear from you so that we can tell you more about the role and also our wonderful school. Please ring 01438 352706 or email: email@example.com
Or apply via the following link.
Sue Brinded Office Manager and Clerk to the Governors