FINANCE OFFICER FROM SEPT 2019
A vacancy has arisen for a Finance Officer to join our supportive and friendly office team and to work alongside and support the Office Manger to ensure the smooth running of the school office.
Please note we may close the vacancy early if we receive a number of suitable applications so do not delay in applying.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is a committed practitioner with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to work using their own initiative and manage and organise their time effectively
- Is numeracy/computer literate and proficient in using accounting systems and Excel.
- Is hardworking, a team player and has a sense of humour
- Is able to think strategically
The position is offered on a permanent contract for 32.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Working hours will be 8.30am - 4pm (including a one hour unpaid lunch break). The contract is term time plus 5 days. There is also some flexibility of taking 5 days holiday during term time in lieu of working extra days during the school holidays if required to fit in with the needs of the school. Working hours could be adjusted by arrangement.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- proven finance and administrative skills;
- experience of working with a wide range of software packages;
- financial experience gained in either a school or corporate environment;
- strong communication skills;
- good teamwork; and
- attention to detail.
Key aspects of the role include:
- overseeing all areas of school finance
- liasing and working with Financial Services to ensure the school budget is closely monitored
- attending some governors meetings as required (extra hours will be paid for this)
- ensuring all money is banked and income records are maintained;
- ordering stock and supplies for the school
- keeping records of licences and contracts and ensuring best value
- overseeing the organisation and billing of peripatetic music lessons
- managing other school accounts and
- general office duties including reception and clerical support.
The post holder will use several different specialist software packages (RM Finance, School Gateway and SIMS) and although a working knowledge of these would be beneficial it is not essential, as long as you are able to demonstrate good IT skills and have a working knowledge of other similar packages and Microsoft Office.
For more information or to make an application go to:
St Nicholas School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Class Teacher Lower KS2 - Sept 19
We wish to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic class teacher who will encourage a love of learning across the whole curriculum and who:
- Is innovative, creative and hardworking
- Has the ability to inspire and motivate children
- Is able to work together within the whole school team
- Is well organised with high expectations
- Has bags of energy and a commitment to meeting the needs of all pupils.
We can offer:
- Strong leadership and a supportive, friendly and happy staff team
- Strong mentor support and CPD for NQT’s.
- Children who are eager to learn
- Great Teaching Assistants
- A well-established outdoor learning environment
This a full time maternity cover from September. NQT’s are encouraged to apply as are experienced teachers.
At St Nicholas School we are very proud of the education we offer our children. We believe that our school is a happy place, where children feel motivated and enthusiastic about learning. We work hard to provide all children with a broad and balanced, high quality education so that every child can achieve their potential in every aspect of school life.
We are committed to offering a Values Education which is based on Christian values and beliefs. This, in conjunction with the expectation of high standards, equips our children with firm foundations and prepares them for their adult lives.
We offer all classes Forest School which take place in our lovely woods and where children can thoroughly enjoy their outdoor learning sessions and develop their social skills.
Candidates do not need to be Christian but will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to the Christian ethos of our school.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Sue Brinded, our Office Manager, to arrange an appointment.
Please click on the link below to apply.