Want the chance to win £50?
School Council in partnership with Stevenage Borough Council
Rockingham Way – redevelopment design competition.
Want the chance to win £200 for your school and £50 for yourself? Then you want to be involved in this very special school council competition. (There are also 2 runners up prizes of £25 each.
The Borough Council are currently redeveloping the Rockingham Way Site and are looking for special paintings, words and poems to display all around the boards outside the site. So not only could you win the main prize for yourself and the school but you would also get to walk past your very own artwork every day!
The council would like these pictures, words or poems to be on one of the following themes:
Community – in keeping with the values and ethos of the school
Safety (in building perhaps)
Construction (A JCB or people building)
Nature (foxes - given the local history of the site!)
The closing date is Friday 17th March 2017 when school council will put forward our best entries to the council for choosing the winners.
- Any child from Nursery to Year 6 may enter
- Please make sure, your name, age, class and school are clearly displayed on the back of the art work
- The Council will collect the entries put forward by the School Council sometime after March 17th
- 3 entries will be selected to be made up into publishable art work and displayed on the hoarding along with the name, school and age of the artist – (so long as they want this to be displayed). Please note the manufacturing process may take up to a further 4/5 weeks. Although we will be able to inform the school of the 3 chosen/selected entries beforehand.
- As the artwork will be blown up to a large size – we advise you use bold colours and simple designs.
- A3 size may be better than A4 - but this is not essential if A3 is not practical
- The images below are just guidance. Feel free to let your imagination’s run wild.
- Also don’t be restricted to just Pictures - Words/short poems are welcomed too.
We hope you will enjoy taking part in this competition and very, very good luck!
St Nicholas School Council